The BATGuard™ Pro T
Designed for Professionals
The BATGuard™ Pro T is the ultimate environmental solution for professional cleaning contractors.
The BATGuard™ Pro T offers a common sense, inexpensive, and environmentally friendly solution for environmental compliance.
That solution is simply ground level filtration and onsite treatment.
The MEPMix™ used in the BATGuard™ Pro T is the same media used in cities all across the nation to filter oil, heavy metals and sediment in catch basins IN their storm drains.
Faythworx brings that media to contractors and retailers so they can clean the environment BEFORE it even gets to the storm drain.
Test boom with the new technology added cleaning oily runoff from a fuel station.
Here are the main differences between the BATGuard™ Pro T and the discontinued Gutter Critter™ Pro:
1) BATGuard™ Pro T has approximately 50% more of the active media to extend its useful life to around 130 uses.
Media Manufacturer Test Results
2) BATguard™ Pro T has a new, tougher skin with higher specifications and consistency. The 100% polypropylene skin is at tough material made for filtration under roadways. It is known in the construction industry for it’s strength. The skin now has double stitching and comes with a 30 day guarantee on the stitching. If it breaks within 30 days I will send you a new skin free of charge.
3) BATGuard™ Pro T has a new reflective strip down the it’s length so it is easier for you, your customers, and regulators to see.
4) BATGuard™ Pro T incorporates custom designed filtration technology specifically designed to filter heavy metals, suspended solids and odors. The BATGuard™ Pro T formula ensures the highest water flow with the greatest effectiveness. Each square inch of the media has the filtration path of an entire football field to capture microscopic contaminants. I will be coming out with more data on this amazing media in the future. It is a specially designed activated charcoal that can be custom designed in the creation process to deal with specific contaminants.
Independent Test Results from our media supplier
5) Oils encapsulated in the BATGuard™ Pro T are captured in the MEPMix™ layer allowing for safe disposal in the landfill.
All the parts of the BATGuard™ Pro T, all the way down to the tags and the thread are MADE IN AMERICA. They are assembled right here in Nevada!
Finishing touches on BATGuard Pro T
How does the BATGuard™ stack up against competitors?
1) Lifespan – BATGuard™ Pro T is made for up to 130 uses. Most competitors are either one time use, or they are made to block the water rather than filter it. BATGuard™ Pro T is designed for professional cleaners at flow rates commonly used in the industry, from 5.5 gpm to 20 gpm.
2) Filtration – BATGuard™ Pro T is made with proven internals that capture oils, heavy metals, suspended solids and debris, . Most competitors capture one or the other, or force you to have to buy different models to deal with different contaminants. Some float on water allowing contaminants to go underneath the boom. The BATGuard™ Pro T is weighted in a way that not only keeps it on the ground but encourages the water to take a path that exposes the runoff to every part of the filtration media.
3) Disposal – BATGuard™ Pro T captures oils at the molecular level. You can’t squeeze the oil out if you ran over it with a truck. That is why it is landfill friendly. Polypropylene only products cannot make that claim.
4) Price – Polypropylene, hay, and other type booms can be found for around the same price, but they do not have the technology found in the BATGuard™ Pro T. Carbon based booms do not have anywhere near the flow rates the BATGuard™ Pro T has. While they are VERY effective at capturing heavy metals you will wait a LONG time for the water to go through. And it will take a long time to justify the average $600 cost for a similar sized boom.
There is nothing on the market that can filter runoff for an average cost of less than $1.00 per job that can even come close to competing with the BATGuard™ Pro T.
“While the Gutter Critter™ Pro was “State of the art” four years ago, the BATGuard™ Pro T represents two years of study, trial and error, hard work, and determination to produce the Best Available Technology at an affordable price.”
When professional cleaners can keep their costs down, EVERYONE can afford to clean more often. When we clean more often, we all benefit.
The new BATGuard™ Pro T at night with Reflective Strip VS the discontinued Gutter Critter Pro
The BATGuard™ Pro T comes in a 10-foot length and is approximately 3 1/2 – 5 inches in diameter.
This size allows for many different configurations depending on your needs.
For example, where the runoff is spread over a large area the entire 10 ft length may be laid out or two or more may be linked together.
If pooling is desired to slow flow or for further treatment like lowering PH, configuring the BGP into a “U” shape would be more effective.
If you are only dealing with low flow, gutter level runoff, the BGP can be made into an “S” shape to force the runoff through the product three times increasing the overall filtration level.
Flow depends on the grade, but under normal circumstances 12-15 gpm flows through the BATGuard™ Pro T acceptably. On steeper grades the BATGuard™ Pro T can handle 20 gpm. One thing to keep in mind is, in order for a gravity based filter to work, there must be some degree of slope. The BATGuard™ Pro T has been tested and designed specifically to maintain maximum flow at the average angle of entry onto a street or roadway from a driveway or commercial center entrance. If you are trying to use the BATGuard™ Pro T on a flat surface you will find that runoff will try to go around it. Find the slope near your workspace. That is where the BATGuard™ Pro T works best.
Testing the BATGuard™ Pro T at a Gas Station Cleaning
As with the Original Gutter Critter, the BATGuard™ Pro T must be rinsed off after each use to increase longevity and keep flow pores open.
The BATGuard™ Pro T is rated for 75-130 heavy commercial uses depending on contamination levels.
Some contractors have purchased two or three of them and with rotation have had them last more than a year of heavy use cleaning gas stations.
The cost is generally less than $1 per commercial cleaning use.
The price for the BATGuard™ Pro T is
If you are not a professional cleaning contractor please see the following to choose the right BATGuard™ product for your needs:
The BATGuard™ GREASE made specifically for the Restaurant Industry
The BATGuard™ GENERAL made for general retail use, car detailers, and the construction industry.
The BATGuard™ STREET made exclusively for extended use for rain runoff on Parking Lots.
Older Videos of the discontinued Gutter Critter in action used by Professional Power Washer Carlos Gonzales of Newlook Powerwash.
Faythworx products can be used in the final section of a three part filtration system for water clean enough for landscape discharge in most heavy commercial cleaning situations. When used in conjunction with a DE filter as in this video even garage cleaning runoff can be reused and disposed of onsite.
A little more explanation of the filtration system and an illustration of the high flow capacity of the BatGuard™ Pro T.